Simple Precautionary Steps may Ensure Years of Use
Purchasing new furniture, art or interior décor can be a time-consuming process and the advice once given by a renowned interior designer was:
“If you do not find the right product for the space, do NOT buy the first thing you see just to fill the space. This way, you compromise your original expectations and settle for 2nd best.”
Thinking about those words reminds one of the greater value there is in the items we search for and are prepared to pay for. Having acknowledge the fact that we at times spend large amounts of money on the things that help create comfort around us, it goes without saying that there need be care taken of the products we purchase.
While there are many different types of items around us, the below aims to propose a balance in our thinking processes when we make use of some of the items around us, bearing in mind that we took time to carefully search and select such items on the day.
Chair Structures /Shells & Frames:
- Anodised aluminium, stainless steel and powder coated frames are guaranteed against rust and corrosion. They can be used outdoor and indoor, safe for coastal regions.
- Chromed frames are to be used strictly indoor use only.
- Wooden chairs are suitable for indoors and protected outdoor use, and may be treated for complete outdoor use.
- Polypropylene, Polycarbonate, Polyethylene and Hyrek shells are suitable for outdoor and indoor use. They are safe to be used along the coast. UV, and scratch resistant.
- Polyurethane shells are to be used strictly indoor use only.
PRECAUTIONS FOR USE:
- Place chair frames on flat horizontal surfaces.
- Chairs should not be used on wet or slippery floors as the frame could buckle, with weight or pressure, in these case’s your product guarantee may be voided.
- Do not rock the chair, backwards and forwards.
- Do not sit on the backrest.
- Do not use the chair as a ladder.
- Only use in the way it is intended to be used.
- If the chairs are stacked, they must not be dragged or moved around manually
- Typical MAXIMUM LOADING WEIGHT – 110-125kg (note variations may occur depending manufacturer product guarantees)
- Fabric is typically not guaranteed unless fabric, stitching and/or gluing is faulty.
- It is always a good idea to request a product such as Scotchgard™ treatment for your upholstered headboard, or other items – depending application of the item.
- All tops are not stackable. (may cause scratching if stacked)
- Light Colour Werzalit tops are safe to be used outdoors, indoors and at the coastal regions, Dark Colour Werzalit tops are strictly for indoor use only.
- Glass tops are NOT scratch resistant but are safe for indoor and outdoor use.
- Stainless Steel tops with bevelled edge are suitable for outdoor and indoor use.
- Stainless Steel tops are suitable for coastal use.
- Stainless steel Inox 2 tops are suitable for Indoor use only.
- Veneered tops are strictly for indoor use only.
- Wooden table tops may be treated for complete outdoor use.
- If table bases are purchased without tops your guarantee may fall away, but if bases and tops are purchased from Boulevard Decor the guarantee will be upheld.
- Anodised aluminium, stainless steel and powder coated bases are guaranteed against rust and corrosion. These can be used outdoor and indoor and are safe for coastal regions.
- Chromed bases are to be used strictly indoors.
- If table bases are purchased without tops, standard tops should be used for the base, to still be guaranteed, as bases are produced according to the weight that they can handle. Any product will not be guaranteed if violent physical damaged has been done, as products are made according to standard terms of usage.
All products can be cleaned using weak washing liquid, warm water and a soft cloth unless otherwise instructed by the installation team and or suppliers. More articles are available on this website addressing various products and the care options available for such products.
Products of varying nature and materials are proposed by Boulevard Décor for its projects. Whilst all reasonable care is taken to ensure that only premium products are incorporated in our designs and proposals, discuss with us any uncertainty you have relating to the correct conditions needed for the use of a product you are considering to purchase.
Our manufacturers and suppliers of products we make use of offer varying quality and product guarantees. It is of great value to know and understand what is and is not covered under any guarantees offered by anyone.
Author: Midge Engelbrecht